Wednesday 13 April 2011

Jesus

  Recently, BTC had come across information that Jesus was not only a brilliant man, but also an avid fly fisherman as well and, infact, fly fishes almost religiously! Upon aquiring this knowledge, an interview with the famed character was a must!


BTC: Freshwater, or saltwater?
JC : Oh, Salwater without a doubt! The fish, no matter       
     what species, fight like mad! How could I not?!
BTC: You're a well known being, from way back in your biblical
     career, which has carried you right up to the modern day,
     so we assume you must get noticed while out on the water.
     How does someone like you go about dealing with that sort
     of situation?
JC : To be truthful, in my line of work, I get the chance to go
     to some pretty remote locations. Belize, Alaska, Iceland,
     Egypt, just to name a few, so I don't run into too many
     folks, but on the few occasions I have, they're usually
     pretty cool about it. A handshake and a blessing later
     and im usually right back casting.
BTC: Any cool fishing trip coming up?

JC : Funny you should mention that, I'm planning a trip to the
     Kanektak River in June to swing flies for Chinook Salmon.
     It's something I thoroughly enjoy, and it's truly epic
     scenery out there!
BTC: That's awesome! Flipping through the Simms catalogue, there
     is always a guide from that region repping one product
     or another. Do you use Simms gear at all?
JC : I do. Lately, I seem to be using their G4 Jacket alot. 
     Its a really nice fit, it really keeps out 
     the elements. I had their G3 Waders for awhile,but wouldn't
     you know it, I can walk on water,so I ended up selling them
     to a friend. Great waders though!
BTC: That whole "walking on water" trick.  It
     must really come in handy when looking for new water to
     fish, right?
JC : Oh, 100%! Actually, funny story. I was down in Marathon
     florida, fly fishing Tarpon, and the wind was just howling!
     The guide, a guy named Paul, who I will credit as being
     one the finest tarpon guides, was simply having difficulty
     keeping up with the tarpon, which were cruising into the
     wind. Well dont I walk right out of the skiff onto the
     water, run up and get into position to intercept the
     lead fish! The look on his face was priceless! I wish
     I had a camera for that one! Anyways, we ended up
     boating 4 Poons' that day, one which was over 125lbs. Epic!

For more interviews with celebraties, and fly fishing icons, keep yourself up-to-date with Behind The Cast folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment